Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
Ownership and Licensing
1. Deakin University retains ownership of all intellectual property rights in the ERIC materials, the ERIC website and in the ERIC name and logo.
2. Deakin University grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferrable licence to download and use the ERIC materials during the term of your paid subscription.
3. On termination or expiry of your paid subscription you will no longer be able to access or download ERIC materials.
4. You are not permitted to modify the ERIC materials or to translate them into other languages or formats. If you wish to do this please contact ERIC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. You are not permitted to use the ERIC materials for commercial purposes. This includes, without limitation, selling or licensing the ERIC materials to a third party or incorporating all or any part of the ERIC materials into material offered for sale or by licence.
6. Deakin University reserves the right to terminate your licence and require you to immediately destroy or securely delete any downloaded or printed materials if you breach these Terms and Conditions.
7. Fees are shown and payable in Australian dollars.
8. The fee is non-refundable.
Warranties and Liability
9. Deakin University does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of information contained on the website or in the ERIC materials. Deakin University may update the website and the ERIC materials but makes no commitment to provide updated content.
10. Deakin University does not accept any responsibility for any loss (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, punitive, special, consequential damages, lost profits, lost data or business interruption) which may arise from accessing, inability to access, or reliance on the information on the ERIC website or in the ERIC materials whether based on contract, tort, statute, common law, equity or any other legal theory.
11. To the fullest extent permitted by Australian law, Deakin University excludes all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this site. Where Deakin University is unable to exclude liability, such liability is limited, at the option of Deakin University, to supplying the services again or paying the reasonable costs of having such services supplied again.
12. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the state of Victoria, Australia.
13. You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of Victoria, Australia with respect to any dispute or claim arising from these terms and conditions or access to, inability to access, or use of the ERIC website and ERIC materials.
14. Deakin University reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to review this page from time to time.